Autism Stumbler’s Guide for GTA Parents

Information for those who live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We currently live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Over the years, I have gone through different application processes and have established processes on handling the tedious administrative tasks.

I have gathered and organized some information that might be helpful to fellow parents in the area. It might apply and help parents in other parts of Ontario or Canada. But for now, I am focusing on information within the GTA.

GTA Calendar

I have put together some important dates and scheduled some regular to-dos for the entire year.

For example, SSAH or Passport Funding reimbursement process through MyDirectPlan is recommended to be done monthly by the ministry. The payment schedules from ODSP (for those over 18 years old) and CCB, etc. are also listed.

More information and dates will be added and updated.

How-To MyDirectPlan

MyDirectPlan ( provides an overview of SSAH (for those under 18 years old) and Passport Funding (for those older than 18 years old). It allows parents and those who manage the funding to submit the receipts for reimbursement online.

It is a bit challenging and intimidating to start using this tool. It is however helpful in terms of an overview of funding usage and provides an efficient way to submit receipts.

DSO Application

When the child turns 18, he/she will stop receiving government supports for children and will need to start apply for adult supports.

Developmental Service Ontario (DSO) is to help adults with various services, such as housing, and Passport Funding for activities and programs. A copy of latest psychological assessment would be necessary. If you do not have one, you could contact DSO on how to obtain an assessment.

Leave a Reply